Hello beautiful people!
Spring finally arrived! Sunny days, warm evenings, flowers blooming…it’s beautiful. ☀️?? I love how the season chances not only our environment but also our moods. ☺️
So, it’s time to start doing some desserts again…I’ve been wanting to go back to the kitchen and start experimenting again but it’s been too hectic lately. I’ll go back there when I have some time to relax and replenish my mind.
For now, I thought I should share this beauty here ??
They were created out of a failed idea for some healthy cookies but the dough didn’t quite work they way I wanted. So I just did what anyone would and I turned it into something better ? (ok, maybe it’s just me, but I could not waste that, it was too delicious).
So I added in some more ingredients and made this delish slice with refined sugar free caramel and topped with some beautiful dark chocolate. Healthy and (believe me) they are to die for. ?
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 2 tbsp of almond meal
- 1 tbsp of organic PB
- 1 tbsp of rice malt syrup
- 30gr of coconut butter
- 1 cup of soaked dates
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of sweetener of your choice (I like to use rice malt syrup)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Chocolate layer:
- 80g of vegan dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp of coconut cream
- Process the nuts in a high speed food processor then add the remaining and blend until a crumbly mixture is formed. Place in a tray and press firmly. Let it cool in the freezer while you make the caramel layer.
- Process dates until a soft dough is formed. Add the other ingredients and mix again. Spread on top of bottom layer.
- Melt chocolate and mix in the coconut cream until well combined.
- Spread evenly on top of caramel layer.
- Put in the fridge overnight and cut in squares when they are set.
- Store in a airtight container.
Peace and Love,