It’s Strawberry season! And since I’ve found out a way to buy local, plastic free strawberries (tip: go to your local markets) I’ve been definitely more excited than ever to dip my toes (or fingers in that case) into some berry sweet recipes.
I’ve never been a huge fan of strawberry desserts. To me strawberries are best eaten fresh! But recently I’ve been really keen on finding other ways to enjoy my favourite berry. Like jams and…you guessed it: a Strawberry Crumble!
This recipe is so simple and delicious and can be whipped in less than 15 (plus cooking time). It’s perfect for a quick dessert when friends rock up, to go to a picnic or just to indulge a little.
Making this recipe vegan also keeps things accessible to everyone and it is also gluten free if you use GF oats. The ingredients are also easy to swap so you can use what’s in your pantry.
This recipes is:
- Gluten Free
Let’s get to it:
- 500gr fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar (other sugars work just as fine)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Firstly, wash the strawberries and cut them in half or quarters.
- In a bowl, add the strawberries and half the sugar (1 tbsp) to coat them well.
- Pour them to a baking tray.
- In that same bowl, now add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then add the vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Mix well and pour over the strawberries.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes on the oven at 180℃.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool a little before serving.
If you try this and tag me on Instagram so I can see all your creations!
Peace and love.