Can you believe it I’ve never made cookies in my life?? I know, I can’t even comprehend, but I may just be forgiven because of this batch of deliciousness. SERIOUSLY, these beauties are the bomb. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, a bit coconutty, all chocolatey aaaaand they are healthy too!!! I honestly don’t know what else would you want in a cookie. Really.
I was looking for a recipe for cookies and I really wanted to use the coconut flour that was in my pantry for ages. So, I found a couple of recipes that were pretty much the same. Just a few adjustments here and there. I found this one from Paleo Hacks to be the best with the ingredients I had. (Yes, I even considered using peanut butter…but I’ll have to write another post for that)
I have to admit, that I’ll be catching up on all my lack of baking cookies, and I’ll be making more of them soon…
So, I will cut the talk and go straight to the recipe. Just promise me, please, that you’ll be making these soon. Pretty please.
If you don’t believe me…I’ll add the proof, so please don’t. (We finished the batch in one sitting). DON’T JUDGE ME (I had help)…
Ready? Here it goes:
- ½ cup of organic Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup of organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbps of organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 organic eggs (or 2 chia eggs*)
- 1 tbs of organic Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Himalayan Salt
- ⅓ cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- First, turn on the oven on 150-180˚C and line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- For the cookies, using a mixing bowl, add the coconut flour first then all the ‘wet’ ingredients, leaving the chocolate chips for last.
- When all the elements are well mixed together, then add the chips.
- Using a tablespoon or and ice cream scoop, make little balls and place in the tray, squeezing them to the shape you desire (they won’t change shape when cooked).
- Place the tray in the oven for 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
- When ready, remove from the tray and place them in a cooling rack.
- Enjoy while warm and let them melt in your mouth.
Peace and Love.
Charlie Ropsy31/07/2017 at 12:49 pm
Love those! I don’t put any Vanilla Essence, just my preference and I used Honey instead of Rice malt syrup as I didn’t have any. Thanks for the recipe.
Larissa Tedesco31/07/2017 at 5:16 pm
Hey Charlie, glad that you enjoyed these cookies! My boyfriend loves them too and I love how easy they turn up! xx