It’s been a long time since I last updated this blog of mine. The adventures around Thailand and Cambodia were many and I was sad to leave those two beautiful countries (have you been checking it out on Instagram by the way?).
Yesterday, we crossed the border and arrived in Vietnam! Our first stop is Ho Chi Minh City and today we were eager to explore and eat around.
It wasn’t until dinner time that we found this little restaurant, tucked next to a dark alley and scattered with hundreds of motorbikes in front of it (as I found out pretty quickly, they are everywhere around here). We got in and were so happy, we couldn’t believe it!
This restaurant offers you to pick your ingredients to make your own Noodle Soup!!! That was just what we were craving since we set foot in Vietnam. Noodles + Soup + Vegan = Win!
Is this the Best Vegan Noodle Shop in Vietnam?
I loved how they set up everything in a way that is simple and practical for you to choose what ingredients you want in your dish. Simply genius!
So here is how it works:
- First, you grab a little basket to place your ingredients.
- Second, you pick your greens (yes, from all of those!).
- Thirdly, you choose your favourite noodles.
- Then last, you can pick your other veggies and any ‘meat’ from the freezer!
- After picking everything, you hand your little basket to the counter and pay for your meal. They’ll hand you a pager to let you know when your food is ready.
- Sit down and relax or browse at their little shop with endless options of vegan meals and ‘meat’.
- When the pager beeps, go get your food, your sauces (if you like) and your cute wooden cutlery.
And Bon Appétit!
Isn’t that just brilliant? I loved the idea and the flexibility of being able to chose your own ingredients!
It was such a nice surprise to find this restaurant as we found out that here in Vietnam if the restaurant doesn’t offer vegetarian/vegan options in their menu, chances are that you’ll get a ‘bit’ of meat in your dish.
Have you seen a restaurant like that anywhere else? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear about more vegan restaurant around the world!
Peace & Love,