There’s nothing better than getting home after a long day out and warm yourself up with some Hot Cocoa.
Now, you may think that both Hot Chocolate and Hot Cocoa are the same. But they are not.
Hot Chocolate is literally melted chocolate with milk. Mostly chocolate, and a little milk. Hot Cocoa on the other hand is made with cocoa powder and milk.
For some reason I was always confused about it, but I’m glad I clarified that.
Anyways, as I was saying before…there’s nothing better than coming home to a warm, creamy and delicious hot
chocolate cocoa. Wording aside, I was really craving something sweet and hearty and honestly I was really missing drinking something milky. And since I don’t drink milk anymore, I was on the hunt for the perfect plant-based milk to use on my ~hot cocoa~.
And me being me, I just thought that coconut milk would be the most perfect combination to make it. I know, I’ve been slightly obsessed with coconut and all its variations. But honestly, nothing tastes as good as coconut milk for me. This milk is do versatile and adaptable that I simply see no reason to use any other. Don’t you think so? Look at what else I can make with it, here & here. Boom!
Alright, but back to this chocolatey concoction. Hot cocoa is super quick and ridiculously easy to make, so I just kept it simple as it should be. 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make! Can’t forget that, right?
So I think this recipe is the perfect midweek indulgence and I’ll surely be making this a lot more this Winter. Bring on the movies and blankets. I’m ready for you.
- 2 cups of organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of organic raw or brown sugar (you can use coconut sugar too, will add great flavour to it)
- 1 full tbsp of organic raw cacao
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of organic/vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- In a saucepan, add the milk and turn on medium heat. Add the sugar, cacao and whisk quickly to dissolve.
- Then, add the vanilla essence.
- Wait until the milk is hot (not boiling) and add the dark chocolate.
- Whisk again until the chocolate is melted and incorporated in the milk.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Peace and love,