When I first started discovering the amazingness of raw desserts, I was thrilled by the fact that you could create healthy AND delicious sweets with wholesome ingredients.
A recipe that includes no baking, no sugar, no dairy and no more than an hour in the kitchen! Hell yeah, that sounds like a good deal for me.
So I started reading, reading and eating, I mean testing…and I came up with a couple of recipes of my own, in which, I must say, I’m pretty proud of.
One of them is my favourite combo ever, Peanut Butter + Chocolate!
And I’ve first made it for a friends housewarming (yeah, risky business) but they turned out so good I had to make it again. Oh well, couldn’t expect anything different from a combination of the two most perfect ingredients, right?
So, it would be obvious I had to share this one here.
Hope you can recreate this one and if you do so, please let me know and tell me what you think. Hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10~15 min)
- 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp of cacao powder
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 bar of 70% (dairy-free) dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of almond (rice/oat) milk
- 2 sec drizzle of rice syrup
- Place the dates in a high speed food processor until it forms a paste.
- Then add the nuts and whizz for little longer until the nuts are chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix through until well combined.
- Line a tin with cling wrap and place the mixture and spread evenly using the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Put it in the fridge overnight so they can bind together better.
- Simply melt the chocolate over hot water (bain-marie) or in the microwave (careful here not to overcook the chocolate, check every 30 seconds and mix the chocolate to make sure it melts evenly).
- Then add the coconut cream, almond milk and rice syrup and stir through until the chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- The next day, remove carefully from the tin and cut up in slices. Top with the ganache and shredded coconut.
Peace and Love,