Is it April already? What happened with 2019? How come we are already into the 2nd quarter of the year? I’ll never understand!
What I can get behind though, is the fact that Easter is just (literally) around the corner and we will be eating choccies this time next weekend. Woot woot!
However much I love chocolate, I really can’t deal with milk chocolate anymore and all the processed stuff you get at the shops now gives me a tummy ache. Healthy living has its downfalls peeps!
So to avoid milky treats and waste too, I decided to make my own little Easter-y treats. And for the first time ever I’m making an Easter inspired recipe (oops). I hope you guys like peanut butter then because these babies are packed with peanut butter goodness. HOT TIP: you can sub the peanut butter for other nut butter but you might have to be mindful if the nut butter is not as runny.
So enough with the chit chat and let’s get started with these beauties! You don’t want to make Easter without them.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Easter Eggs
First of all, I love this recipe as it combines both of the best things in the world: Chocolate + Peanut Butter. But also, it has a nice balance between sweet and nutty without being too sweet ~or~ nutty.
Plus, I could whip up this in less than half an hour (with freezing time included) and with only 5 ingredients! You heard me right!
Only problem is the chocolate melts so you might want to get in quick (have a feeling this won’t be a problem though).
So let’s get it started?
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- In a bowl, add all ingredients but the dark chocolate.
- Mix well with a fork (or with your hands) until your get a solid and 'pliable' dough.
- Make little balls and shape them into 'eggs' and place in a plate.
- Place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in bain-marie. Careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Remove it from the heat and set up a cooling rack or simply a baking paper sheet.
- Get the peanut butter bites from the freezer and using a fork to hold them, pour the chocolate over.
- Once it's covered completely, let it sit in the cooling rack or baking sheet.
- Place it in the fridge to cool.
- Once completely cool, you can store them in a container. Or eat it straight away.
I hope you enjoy making this one as much as I did and if you do, please tag me on Instagram using the #eatyourselfgreen hashtag!
Happy Easter peeps!
Peace and love,