The chilled weather is hitting us harder in the morning. It’s getting a lot harder to leave my comfortable (and warm) bed and head downstairs to get some breakfast before starting the day.
What is kinda making it up is the fact that I have some aromatic crunchiness coming straight from my pantry. And as you all may know already, I’m slightly obsessed with smoothies bowls (did you hear about my new e-book coming?) and I love having something crunchy to add to all the textures and flavours that go in there.
So I made a new crunchy and sweet granola with something I was hoping to use for quite a long time. Rice puffs!
They are often underrated but are so delicious! I like the organic Puffed Rice from Abundant Earth which is also organic. They are great as a gluten free substitute for breakfasts and crunchy bars.
The best part is when they are roasted with a few other ingredients and then BOOM! Bursting flavours & crunchiness all over!
And with a few add-ons it made the perfect granola to top my smoothies. A lot lighter than the counterparts with oats, this version has also less calories and extra crispiness.
Also perfect to add on your yoghurt and nice-cream. Just give it a go!
I guarantee your house will be smelling like heaven (at least) so try it out and let me know what you think on this twist.
- 4 cups of Puffed Rice
- 2 cups of Mixed Nuts
- ½ cup of Pumpkin Seed
- ½ cup of Sunflower Seeds
- ½ cup of Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup of Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp of Mesquite Powder
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp of Rice Malt Syrup
- Firstly, warm up the oven on 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Now, mix all wet ingredients in bowl.
- Then add the seasonings: cinnamon and mesquite powder.
- Then add the melted coconut oil.
- And lastly, add the rice malt syrup.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let it cool down before transferring to a jar.
Peace and love,