Yesterday I gave my first zero waste workshop. And as I always want to keep everyone happy, I made some snacks to keep bellies full. Coz ya know…full belly, happy people.
This time I tried with a vegetable I’m not a huge fan of…capsicum (gasp).
When I was little, my mom never really used capsicum for cooking so it took me a little bit of time for me to get used to the taste and start incorporating it to my cooking.
And since I love making easy snacks, dips and sauces for when we have people over, I thought giving a go on a capsicum dip would be a welcome addition to my ‘repertoire’.
Creamy Capsicum Dip
This dip is incredibly easy to make, taking only about 15 minutes and it’s completely gluten free and vegan. The cashews make the dip creamy and filling adding a nutty finish to it. The capsicum once roasted or simple pan fried (like I did to save some time) becomes sweet adding a great balance to the savoury dip.
With all preparation, this dip only take about 15 minutes to make, so it’s super easy you probably have all ingredients at home.
Let’s get down to it!
- 1 medium capsicum
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ½ cup of cashews
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Boil some water and soak your cashew for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and deseed the capsicum.
- Cut up in large chunks.
- In a frying pan, add a little bit of oil and sautée the capsicum chunks for about 10 minutes, until soft and a little burnt on the edges.
- Now, remove the water from the cashews and add them to a food processor together with all other ingredients.
- Process until a paste in formed and season to your taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
Peace & Love,