I’m so stocked I’ve actually managed to pull together a recipe while I’m on the road for almost 7 months.
Yes, 7 months. It’s crazy to think that I’ve been a nomad for that long. Something that I’ve thought it’d be a lot harder to get used to but is actually a lot easier and pleasant than it sounds.
However, the sad part about it is that it’s about to end. Our journey is coming to an end and we’ll be back to Australia shortly. Which makes me both sad and happy. Sad that this amazing adventure is unfortunately ending but happy that I’ll be able to (once again) start fresh. This time I’ve got a few advantages too, as Jean and I are still a couple after all these months travelling together (phew) and also because I’ll be back as a resident in Australia, being able to work and I’m already full of fresh ideas (Stay tuned!).
Anyhow, one of the things I’m really looking forward to is to cook lots and lots when I’m back and finally will have a kitchen of my own!
Meanwhile, I can only share this super quick recipe I made while in our 1-week home in Biarritz, south of France. I actually couldn’t believe that I cooked every single day. Like, we were in France! And we didn’t even go out ONCE for a romantic dinner or else…see, that’s what I was talking about when I said I missed cooking.
So here’s the quick vegan-friendly recipe for my Green Vegetable Lasagna. It is vegan-friendly as I used cheese but you can totally switch to a vegan cheese and be happy!
- 1 zucchini
- 500 gr button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 1 can of organic coconut cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pasta for lasagna
- Vegan cheese
- Oil (for cooking)
- Italian herbs (to your taste)
- In a medium pan, add the oil and the garlic.
- Before the garlic turns brown, add the mushrooms and sauté.
- Then, add the coconut cream and stir until its well incorporated.
- Cook until thick and season with salt and herbs.
- Have the zucchini thinly sliced and set aside.
- Break the broccoli head and boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water and chop in small pieces.
- In a medium tray, spread a little of the sauce on the bottom and add the first sheets of pasta.
- Next, add a little more of the sauce and spread evenly.
- Add the zucchini slices, then the broccoli.
- Lastly, add the cheese.
- Now repeat, adding the pasta, the sauce, vegetables and cheese until the top of the tray.
- On the last layer, top it off with cheese and oregano or Italian herbs.
- Cook in the preheated oven (180C) for about 20-30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy it and please share your veggie creations on Instagram using #EatYourselfGreen!
Peace and love,