It goes without saying that 2017 started with the right feet for me! I’ve been blessed to be able to travel the world with my amazing boyfriend. And now, a few days into January, I’ve been given the Liebster Awards!
To that I have to thank Michi from A Wildflower Abroad who gifted me with this lovely award that nominates great new bloggers on the internet! It’s a way of sharing the love with those who work so hard to produce good quality content on the vast world-wide-web. So, thank you Michi for kindly offering me this award. Couldn’t be more proud and humbled for it!
The Liebster Award
To my fellow bloggers who may not have heard about the Liebster Award, it’s an award given to bloggers by bloggers who believe the nominated blogs offer amazing content and should be known and recognised.
Here are the rules (and before you ask, no, you are not obliged to take it, it’s up to you):
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you;
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award Logo;
- Answer 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you;
- Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award;
- Nominate 5-11 new favourite bloggers for the Liebster Award;
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees;
- Notify the nominees;
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominators Liebster Award Post.
The Questions (The ‘Interview’):
Blogging and you – how did that love story start?
I have been blogging for about 4 years, but my desire to write started more than 8 years ago. I just never thought I’d be able to write something good enough that someone would be interested in reading…Guess I changed and now I even blog in a foreign language (Portuguese is my first language).
What was your best adventure / most impressive experience when traveling?
For sure, moving to Australia. At first, it would be just for 6 months, which later turned into 6 years (and counting) and it certainly changed my life forever!
Which culture fascinates you the most? Why?
One of the most mysterious and certainly fascinating cultures I’ve heard of is the Persian. I haven’t been there yet, but I’m planning to reach Iran in February and I’m beyond excited to experience their hospitality, warmth and food too (can’t help it!).
What is the most unusual dish you ever ate?
Not sure if a dish and it’s probably a controversial one, considering this is a vegetarian blog. But recently, I’ve visited a small farm on the hills of Southern Vietnam where they ‘raised’ crickets and served them on their ‘restaurant’…We sat down and my whole group of friends had had one (or two) already and I gave in the pressure and ate one. Weird feeling, didn’t taste like much but at least it had a bit of protein (sorry, couldn’t resist hehe). Would never eat anything like that again.
What are your next travel plans and when will you start?
I’m currently on a round the world trip with my boyfriend (you can follow our adventures here) so my next destination is Myanmar. We are travelling for a whole year (already 3 months in) and really excited to see what this trip holds for us!
The Top 3 Points on your bucket list are…
Hmmm, let’s see: 1) To see snow! Yep, I’ve never seen snow…moved from one tropical country to the other. 2) Eat food in Italy! So very exciting for this one as my whole maternal family is Italian and I grew up eating lots of pasta and delicious homemade food from my nonna. Mamma mia!! 3) To see the Aurora Borealis! One of my biggest dreams but I’m not sure if we will be able to tick it off this time around. We’ll see!
If you could change the world, you would…?
I definitely would love to give people more consciousness. So everyone could understand their importance in this world and work together to make it better. The only possible change will come from each individual. We are all part of the change!
If the travel fairy gave you three wishes, you would…?
1) Make all countries, visa FREE! I still can’t get my head around borders and restrictions. Aren’t we all citizens of the world? (Guess I’m a bit delusional…). 2) Make all animal attractions disappear! It’s so sad to see that the travel industry still make millions over enslaved animals. It breaks my heart! 3) Also, I’d love to travel everywhere for free! (I’m definitely delusional…but one can dream, right?).
Which book related to traveling do you like most?
One of the books that inspired me the most to travel was Censoring an Iranian Love Story. It’s a story about an Iranian writer telling his story as an expat trying to publish a book in Iran. May sound confusing or boring, but it’s one of the most captivating and complex stories I’ve ever read and I recommend it every time someone asks me why I want to go to Iran.
What is important to you when blogging?
To me blogging must be inspiring. Often times I feel pressured to fulfil a schedule but I also remind myself that if my content is not written with passion or purpose, it’s difficult to be successful. At least, this is my ideal of success.
Any tips and tricks for fellow bloggers?
Be you. Everyone else is taken!
Make your blog an extension of who you are and be honest when you share your work. It’s a part of who you are and the mark you want to leave in this world.
The Nominees for the Liebster Award!
Here are my nominees to the Liebster Award! I hope you check all the amazing blogs I’ve nominated as they are truly special and worth every award! Congratulations guys:
- The Thriving Elephant: my beautiful friend, Lucia is the beautiful mama (of one of the most gorgeous baby my eyes have seen) who’s got an even more beautiful life story and a gigantic heart! She also makes delicious vegan eats that are all drool-worthy! Check her out!
- Slow Spirit: This amazing couple (actually there are 2 couples) travel around the world with a philosophy of living with less and travelling slow. Such an amazing concept put together by amazing travellers who I know personally and consider dearly.
- Delightful Vegans: Josh and Katie make amazing vegan treats and delicious food in general, plus whenever they travel, they share their insightful tips on their blog too! Super lovely and cool couple!
- Feeding Your Beauty: Larice (almost the same!) is a gorgeous blogger with an even more gorgeous blog! Her blog is packed with delicious recipes which are so carefully crafted, I just love her page!
- Serving Realness: Nick is a cool guy who writes about amazing and easy vegan food plus he shares amazing local eats in Phoenix, US too! How awesome is that?!
So here are my questions to my fellow nominated bloggers:
- What’s the purpose behind your blog?
- What’s on your list of Top 3 Destinations?
- What’s the biggest (or most important) thing you’ve learnt in your life?
- Give us a good advice!
- Tell us your favourite food/cuisine?
- What culture or country inspired you most?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Can you share your life philosophy?
- Who’s your favourite travel companion?
- If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite pass time or hobby?
Now that all the rules have been followed, it’s your turn nominees… And once again, congratulations on receiving the Liebster Award fellow bloggers!
Peace & Love,