The only reason I love waking up in the morning is just because I know it’s time for breakfast! ?
And I love having a nourishing, filling brekkie…because I’m usually starving as I wake up.
And if you are like me, you need something that will make you feel energised and satisfied for the long day ahead…and this Zucchini & Parsley Fritters hits the spot right on.
As a little kid, I loved spending time with my mom in the kitchen. She is my greatest inspiration when it comes to cooking as she always made the most delicious dishes (EVER) and I can assure you that not only for my word. Everyone loved coming over for dinner at ours. And my mother was also very passionate about cooking with healthy and fresh ingredients. Growing up in a farm, as she did, nothing made more sense. And I’m really happy to have learnt so much from her and for her simple way of living.
Zucchini & Parsley Fritters
That’s why I love this recipe. It reflects the sense of simplicity that my mother always kept in the kitchen and always resulted in beautiful flavoursome food.
Also, zucchinis are one of my favourite vegetables, just after mushrooms. And they are so versatile and easy to cook with that it pretty much shows up in all of my recipes!
And to add a bit more goodness into those, I added some super healthy ingredients which makes these fritters gluten & dairy free. So, if you are looking for a recipe for healthy, hearty, filling feelings, make sure to try this one. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper…well, you know, for any time really.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 eggs (preferably organic)
- 2 tbsp of buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp of almond flour (could subdue for coconut flour)
- 1 steam of parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First off, grate the zucchini and put aside in a bowl.
- Chop the parsley and add to bowl.
- Then add the 2 eggs, and the seasoning to your taste. Mix a bit until the eggs are incorporated and then add the buckwheat and almond flour and mix well again.
- In a frying pan in low heat, add a little of olive oil and pour 2 spoonfuls of the mixture for each fritter.
- After 2 minute or so, turn the fritter and cook for another minute.
- Remove it and repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
- Serve with avocado, bread, hummus or your favourite topping.
Peace and love,
pinkiebag04/03/2016 at 8:22 pm
Hi, I love the idea of these savoury fritters great for any time of the day. Thanks for sharing,Chloe.
Larissa Tedesco04/03/2016 at 8:43 pm
Glad you enjoyed it! 🙂 thanks for popping by.